Saturday, September 02, 2006

Last Weekend of Summer!

Well , the summer has finally come to an end and the page of the calendar has been turned. September is here and with it comes the cooler days of fall. But this is a long weekend. A kind of unofficial last weekend of summer. Hubby and I spent a wonderful, quiet Saturday.


We went to the mall and wandered the stores. Hubby bought a new pair of jeans and I treated myself to the new J.R. Ward book, Lover Awakened. I can't wait to start it. She's one of my favorite new writers. If you love vampire fiction check out her Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

After lunch in the food court, we took ourselves off to a Saturday afternoon movie. Crunching out M&M's, we saw a few good trailers and then settled back for the movie.

The Illusiionist with Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti, and Jessica Biel was the perfect Saturday afternoon movie. I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Dark and moody, it is an intelligent script, acted by brilliant actors. The perfomances are subtle, the romance heart-breaking, the illusions sublime.

If the summer has to end, then this is a great way to say goodbye to the hot days and welcome in the crisp air of autumn. And the weekend is just beginning.

Hope you all enjoy it.

NJ

No comments: