Monday, January 01, 2007

The Year in Review

This was a year of ups and downs for me, both personally and professionally.

It started back in January 2006 when, within a few weeks of each other, both my EC and Samhain editors left their jobs for personal reasons. It took quite a while for new editors to be found for me, and while I miss my old editors, (they were both fantastic) I am settled away with two new phenomenal ones.

From Ellora's Cave I had six new releases last year. It began in January with Bakra Bride. Then came Unmasking Kelly, Drakon's Treasure, Stefan's Salvation, and finally Craving Candy and Dreams of the Oasis IV in December!

I also had two print books from EC this year. Jessamyn's Christmas Gift was included in the White Hot Holidays, Volume 3, and Ellora's Cavemen: Dreams of the Oasis IV was also released in December.

With Samhain Publishing I had three new releases last year. Discovering Dani and The Way Home, books 1 & 2 in the Jamesville series are out both as e-books and print books! The Return of Patrick O'Rourke was released in e-book in December.

All in all, I'm pleased with last year, but I've got even more plans for this coming year! I've got three books contracted (Anastasia's Style, Three Swords, One Heart, and Woven Dreams), two that I'm waiting to hear on, and I should have another one to submit within a week or so.

Personally, I'm going to try and find more balance in my life. I seem to spend all my time these days working or thinking about work. I have to find some kind of happy medium so I don't burn out.

That's my big goal for this year along with keeping up my writing!

2 comments:

Nicole Austin said...

I know exactly what you mean, NJ! Since I've been on medical leave and forced to take thing easier, I've realized how much time I spend working and writing. I haven't made any new year resolutions, but I do plan to work on finding more balance between work, play and relaxation.

N.J.Walters said...

Nothing like surgery and being laid up for a while to make you think more about your life. That's what actually led me to go back to writing after many years away from it. I hope you find the balance you're looking for, Nic. I hope we both do.