Monday, March 12, 2007

300!

Hubby and I went to see the latest comic-book-turned-to-movie release at the theatre this weekend. 300 is a historical movie that focuses on an elite Spartan fighting force (the 300) and is a snapshot of their society and the times they lived in.

While it was a little short on plot and character development, that in no way detracted from the incredible cinematic experience. This is a very stylized movie that is a pleasure to watch. The battle scenes are very graphic and amazingly shot.

Gerard Butler is almost unrecognizable as the Spartan king, but totally believable. He certainly bulked up for this role, as did all the members of the cast. Visually stunning, this is a movie to just sit back and enjoy!



4 comments:

Nicole Austin said...

I can't wait to go see 300. It looks great. Maybe I'll take my son this week.

N.J.Walters said...

I think you'll enjoy it, Nic.

Mary Winter said...

I agree with you there! I rarely take time to go see a movie in the theater. I'm so glad I did for this one!

N.J.Walters said...

Hubby and I go to movies all the time. It's one of the things we both enjoy. This one is definitely one to see on the big screen, Mary!