Monday, March 26, 2007

Manic Monday!

Good morning and welcome to another busy week!

I must say that I was pleased with the amount of work I accomplished last week. I did two rounds of edits on Woven Dreams, the next Tapestries books, and started a new book.

This week is shaping up to be just as busy, but not quite so hectic. Already this morning, I've done all the laundry, including sheets, towels and a weeks worth of clothes. The fact that I live on the third floor of an apartment building and the laundry room is in the basement, means I've gotten some exercise as well. LOL

I'm continuing on my WIP and managed to write another 12 pages inbetween running up and down the stairs to check the laundry. The clothing is all put away, the bed remade and I managed to squeeze a half hour of yoga in there too.

I realized last night as I relaxed in the tub that all I do is work, read or think about work. Not that I'm complaining. I love what I do! But, I do need to find some balance. In the two years since I left the day job to pursue writing full time, I've put on ten pounds. Not good. So, with a hint of spring in the air, I've decided to try, once again, to get some balance in my life.

I've often wondered why it's so easy to work, but hard to take time just to do things for me. I guess it's the way I was raised--to work hard. But when you work at home, it can take over every aspect of your life if you're not careful.

So that's another goal for me this week--to carve out some time for non-work-related stuff every day. I'll let you know how that goes next Monday.

2 comments:

Nicole Austin said...

I'm the same way, NJ! Strong work ethic, and reluctant to take "me" time. Especially since writing is my second job and I spend the weekends working at the hospital. Finding balance is difficult. I hope you can work some time for yourself into your schedule!

N.J.Walters said...

I think it's hard for most people today to find balance in their lives. We live in a society that values work and money almost to the exclusion of the kinds of pursuits that are necessary to being healthy people.