Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Writer's Wednesday

Two of the most exciting things about being a writer are when you submit a book to an editor for possible publication and when you publish a book. Today, I've done both!

I finished my current WIP, did three rounds of rewrites, wrote a blurb and synopsis, and this morning, I submitted it to my publisher. It's exciting and nerve-wracking. Now I have to wait to see what my editor thinks of it. I love the feel of finishing a project and knowing that I'm ready to send it out there. Exhilarating!

If that wasn't enough, I have a book releasing from my other publisher today. THREE SWORDS, ONE HEART is now available over at Ellora's Cave publishing- http://www.ellorascave.com
if you want to check it out.

Seems like I've been waiting for this book to come out for forever. I finished the original draft of it over a year ago. That's the thing about the writing business--it's all hurry up and wait. LOL Now that it's been released, I'm wondering what people are going to think of it. Will they like it? That's a question every author asks even if they never say it out loud.

This is my 18th release with Ellora's Cave and each book launch is as exciting as the very first one. I don't think that will ever change.

So tonight I'll celebrate. Maybe I'll even take a few days off. But as sure as I'm sitting here, sometime in the next few days, I'll be starting to think about my next project. In fact, I've already had a few ideas...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whooo! I have this in my ginormous TBR pile - at the top of course and as soon as I finish some stuff I'll get to read it. I know I won't be disappointed, I've yet to be with one of your books.

charleneteglia said...

Congratulations, NJ! Two big events in one day. I'm sure you'll have a new sale to announce shortly, and hooray for Three Swords' release!

N.J.Walters said...

Cool! Hope you enjoy it, Lauren.

Thanks, Charli. It's been a very exciting day. I'm crossing my fingers I'll have some news on it soon!

Rhian said...

oh yeah - that's on the friday pickup list along with Robin's first release. Also Susie Charles -been waiting on her next Were Watching book; Shiloh's and Shelley Munro's. Damn glad i work my ass off so i can AFFORD all these books!!!

N.J.Walters said...

Hope you like it, Rhian. I need to go bookshopping soon too.