Thursday, October 11, 2007

Shop 'Til You Drop!

I've been pretty much awol this week because my sister is in town visiting. And man can that girl shop!!!!!

Not that I blame her. She lives in a rural community without many shopping options. But anyone who knows me knows that I am not fond of shopping!

Sure the bookstore, grocery store and thrift shops are fun, but other than that...let's just say that I buy multiples when I shop. If I find a top that I like, I buy at least four colors. Jeans...I buy several pairs. You get the idea.

My sister, on the other hand, was born to shop. She likes to go through every rack in a store and take a cart load of stuff to the dressing room to try on. What stumps me even further is that she actually enjoys the process! She loves trying on shoes and is thrilled with the two pairs of cute boots that she bought.

I know that many women love to shop, but I'm just not one of them. I love spending time with my sister, but it was ten hours of shopping on Tuesday and another six on Wednesday. Exhausting!

My sister and I are different, almost opposites in a lot of ways, but that's always made life interesting. We've never liked the same clothing, and growing up, we had very different tastes in boyfriends. She's a night owl, I'm a morning person. She's outgoing and I'm more reserved. I could go on and on. But in spite of all the differences, and maybe even because of them, we've always been close as sisters and that will never change.

Today was more laid back. We went to the museum and had lunch before heading out to a local farm so I could pick out my Halloween pumpkin. She's leaving Saturday and it will probably be next spring before I see her in person again. But we'll be burning up the phone lines every week between now and then!

4 comments:

Titania Ladley said...

I'm with you, N.J. I despise shopping. All that matching, pricing, sizing, in and out of the fitting room, accessorizing, colorizing (if there's such a thing), and hauling bags around just isn't for me. I can hang out in a bookstore all day long and never want to leave, but throw me in a women's clothing shop and I'm clawing to get out. Something about it just makes me anxious, and I usually end up plopping myself down in the mall bar and grill instead, and having a few glasses of wine to calm my nerves. LOL! Glad you got to spend time with your sis. :)

Titania

N.J.Walters said...

I shudder at the thought of shopping for clothing, Titania. A drink is definitely called for at a time like that. *g*

Jenna Leigh said...

Sounds like you had a good time despite the 'shopping for shopping's sake' Eeww! LOL. I don't like shopping either. If it's not books, forget it!

I don't have a sister, only a stinky little brother (he's 26, and would kill me for that comment LOL!)but my daughter will go to every single store in the mall.. twice if she can get away with it.

My husband will only do this if it involves shoes for him, otherwise, he walks around a store once then is ready to leave. But, he refuses to wait in line, instead, he thinks I should do this for him. That's right, I'm his 'place in line holder' Hubby and child both drive me crazy.

And then, there's the Hellmouth. *gags*

N.J.Walters said...

LOL My hubby likes shopping about as much as I do. When we have to go to Walmart, we have a list and pretty much swoop through the store.

The book store for me and the music store for him. Those are our favorite places to shop!