Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday, Monday!

It's been about a month since I started my new plan to find some balance in my life, the first step of which was getting more exercise.

So far, so good.

I'm getting in 5 or 6 walks a week and doing a half hour of yoga about 5 times a week. Slacked off on the pushups and sit ups and such, so I need to get back to doing those. I feel better. I have more energy, especially in the afternoons, which is my downtime.

Now if only the scales would shift in a downward direction.

I weighed in for the first time in a month and was barely down at all. It was discouraging for a few minutes, but I reminded myself that it had to be doing my health some good. I'm going to keep at it and hope for the best on November 1st when I weigh in again.

Welcome to Monday and another work week.

Hope it's a good one.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Unless you are going way overboard with the exercise, like working out for hours every single day, weight loss takes time. I personally think you look great based on your picture.:-)

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Sounds to me like you're doing a sensational job, NJ! I'm sure the weight loss will come in time. :-)

Anny Cook said...

As my trainer told me... muscle weighs more than fat. Don't weigh--measure. That's where you'll see the big difference.

N.J.Walters said...

Thank you for the support, ladies!

I'm not too concerned about weight, although I'd like to lose 10-15 lbs. That's for my health and so I'll just feel better.

I love to eat so I'll never be skinny. LOL I just want to feel fit and healthy.

I'm going to keep it up no matter what. I figure it has to be good for me.

And thanks so much for the compliment, Kathy. :-)

charleneteglia said...

You might find yourself losing inches faster than pounds. Keep it up, you're feeling better and that's the whole point! : )

I need to get back in the workout groove. Between hurting my hip and the everlasting flu, I'm way out of my routine. And feeling it.

Lori said...

Good for you, NJ! It will definitely come off.
I so need to get back in the workout mode. I've just gotten back into cutting my work hours, though, so I feel like I've taken the first step towards doing something healthy for myself. Only working 45-50 hours instead of 60-70 has made a world of difference in the way I feel, and my family relations, LOL! No on to working out!

Shelley Munro said...

Keep it up, NJ. Muscle weighs more than fat. I always judge my weight loss by the fit of my jeans. That's much better than scales.

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks, Charli.

So far no inches or pounds. LOL But I am feeling better, so that's something.

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks, Lori.

Wow! You've been working way too much. Glad you're able to cut back and take some time for yourself and your family.

N.J.Walters said...

That's what I keep telling myself, Shelley. I know my flexability has really improved. And walking for 40 minutes five times a week has to be good for me.