Monday, October 26, 2009

Fire Alarms and Craft Fairs

Last night I jolted awake at about 1:40 pm as the fire alarm went off in our apartment building. Having lived here a while, I didn't automatically jump out of bed and run. The alarms go off frequently in these buildings.

However, being smart, I got out of bed and looked out the window to see if the fire department had shown up yet. Then I heard someone running down the corridor banging on apartment doors. That was enough for me. Hubby and I yanked on our clothes and headed downstairs. The fire trucks were pulling in as we hit the parking lot. A few minutes later, everyone was let back inside. False Alarm.

Try telling that to my body. The adrenaline rush left me wired and unable to sleep. I finally fell into a light sleep sometime after five, only to wake again just after six. It's going to be a long day.

But, I'm very grateful it was only a false alarm. Could have been a whole lot worse.

On a positive note, hubby and I went to a Christmas craft fair last Thursday. It ran all weekend, but hubby and I like to go early. It was fun. Didn't buy much, but I just enjoy looking at everything. We did buy fudge...three kinds--amaretto chocolate, cookie dough and a vanilla Bailies Irish Cream--all to die for. I had quite a sugar rush going on. LOL

It's Monday! Have a good one!

2 comments:

Charlene Teglia said...

Glad it wasn't a real fire. And the fair sounds like a lot of fun.

N.J.Walters said...

I'm glad it wasn't a real fire either, Charli.

The fair was a lot of fun. I really enjoy that kind of thing. There are a lot of talented folks out there.