Tuesday, August 31, 2010

As August Comes to an End...

I can't believe that today is the last day of August. It seems like summer just started and it's suddenly over. I don't know where the days have disappeared. The hot days of summer are changing to the cooler days of the upcoming autumn season. Don't get me wrong, I love fall. It's my favorite time of year. But it seems as though the years go by faster and faster the older I get.

I see autumn as a time of new beginnings of endless possibilities. Maybe it's a holdover from when I was a kid and September meant a new school year. It always seems to feel like it's a time of change and transition.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed your summer and are looking forward to the new season. I know, I am. :)

In the meantime, watch out for the hordes in the malls as students rush to get all those last minute supplies and back-to-school clothing. Welcome September!

No comments: