Monday, September 17, 2012

Memory Board


So a weekend project I did recently was a memory board. I found the instructions online and have to say it was a quick and fun craft project. I used an art canvas as the base and covered it with two layers of cotton batting and then this wonderful orange fabric I found for a couple of bucks at Walmart. I used brown ribbon and attached buttons where the ribbon crosses. I think it looks great on the wall behind my desk.



Haven't put much up on the board yet. Figure that will happen naturally over time. :)

5 comments:

anny cook said...

Great idea! And I like the color!

Charlene Teglia said...

Now there's a fun project for kids!

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks, Anny. I bought the fabric not knowing what I was going to do with it. I only knew I really loved it.

N.J.Walters said...

It really is, Charli. And they can personalize it with the fabric and ribbon colors. You can glue the buttons on or stitch them on, as I did.

A helpful tip I found: If you want two layers of cotton batting, whick looks and feels really nice, cut one piece of batting the exact size as the board you are covering and make the second piece longer. That way you can have double the thickness on the front, but only have to staple one layer of batting with the fabric on the back.

Mannouchka said...

Woo,a great idear and very nice color.Have a great and sunny week
Cheers