Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Tuesday Teaser: The Return of Patrick O'Rourke

This week the Tuesday Teaser is from THE RETURN OF PATRICK O'ROURKE, book 3 in the Jamesville series.




TEASER:


“Shannon?”

The solemn expression on her face was replaced by a tentative smile. “I wasn’t sure you’d remember me.”

Her simple pleasure washed over him like a warm wave. What the hell was going on with him? He didn’t want to feel this way. He retreated immediately, shutting down all emotion. “Sure I remember,” he replied gruffly.

Her smile disappeared and her nervousness returned. “Here’s your menus. I’ll be back to take your orders in a minute.” She backed away, almost stumbling into the table behind her before turning and scurrying away to the kitchen.

“Man, you still have the touch with the women.” Shamus picked up the menus and handed one over to him. “Way to scare her away.”

“I didn’t scare her away.” He grabbed the menu from his brother. “I hardly said anything to her.”

“It wasn’t what you said, but how you said it. You’re one scary son-of-a-bitch when you want to be.” That said, Shamus opened his menu and perused his choices.

No comments: