Friday, February 07, 2014

Weekend Book Club--Haunting Blackie by Laurann Dohner.

My pick for this week's Book Club is HAUNTING BLACKIE  by Laurann Dohner. This is the eighth book in her Cyborg Seductions series. I know many readers are familiar with her New Species series, but I fell in love with her Cyborgs long before the first New Species book was ever released. If you are a fan of her NS books you really should check out her Cyborgs! They don't have to be read in order, but they're so good why wouldn't you start at the beginning?

The author shakes things up in this book, tossing something completely new into the series. (I won't tell you what it is. You have to read the series to find out.) I really enjoyed it. Laurann Dohner is able to take characters you previously didn't like that much and make you fall in love with them. (Redeeming Zorus was another book where she did just that.) All I know is I can't wait for the next Cyborg book. Or the next New Species book for that matter. :)



BLURB:


Eve’s mission is to rescue cyborgs from termination centers on Earth. In exchange, she and her sisters will go with them when they flee the planet. She is blindsided by the overwhelming attraction that draws her to one of them. He’s handsome, sexy, and she wants him, craves his touch as she has no other. She must send him to freedom but she makes him promise to wait for her.

Blackie cannot forget the courageous woman who saved him. He never learned whether she died during the rebellion or just changed her mind about leaving with him but he holds her within his lonely heart. He exists to serve the Cyborg Council and to protect the new world cyborgs have created. But that all changes when he discovers the woman who haunts his dreams is alive and the cyborg leaders left her behind to die. He’ll never lose her again and he’ll fight his own kind to avenge her and keep her by his side.




  BUY FROM AMAZON

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just finished it and loved it. It now makes sense why he was alwyas so closed off. Used to hate him, now I love him. You two are my favorite authors.

N.J.Walters said...

Thank you, Beatrice!

It was a really great book. I love when an author can take a character I didn't really like and turn him into a hero you love.